Youth Team - Outdoor Trips
NASHVILLAINS OUTDOOR CLIMBING TRIP
Nashvillain Coaches will be taking our Advanced and Elite team climbers on outdoor climbing trips at least twice per season. We are excited for our youth climbers to not only progress in the gym but also develop and work on goals outside. If you’d like to know more about why these trips are so valuable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Below is a checklist for our outdoor trips. Please go over this list before you register for a trip.
- Register using the form below. If you are not registered through our website we will not know that you are coming.
- $40 per climber. Please bring $20 for incidentals on the day of the trip
- Double check the dates and departure times with your coach.
- Minimum of 4 climbers per team. This means we will need 4 climbers from the Advanced team in order for the Advanced team climbers and coaches to go. The same applies for the Elite team. Example: If we have 5 climbers from the Elite team but only 3 from the Advanced team, the Elite team climbers and coaches will go but the Advanced team climbers and coaches will not.
- We will attempt to travel as a team for all outdoor trips. Chaperones may be needed depending on the number of climbers/coaches and the size of the vehicle we will be driving. Please check with your coach beforehand about travel plans.
- We will generally leave from the West gym at 8 am. Please check with your coach beforehand to confirm our departure time.
- We will generally finish climbing by 5 pm at the latest at which point we will begin the hike out and drive back to Nashville. Please check with your coach beforehand to confirm our return time.
- We will provide crash pads, ropes, and quickdraws. If your climber has personal climbing gear that you’d like to use, you are welcome to bring it with you. Rental shoes and rental harnesses are available for climbers who do not have personal equipment.
- We will not require any assistance from Chaperones other than transportation to and from the climbing area. If you are chaperoning the trip, you may choose to spend the day however you like. Chaperones are welcome to hike in and hang out with the group. Chaperones should not expect to climb on youth team trips. If you are a chaperone and you are a climber and can climb independently of the group, you are welcome to do so as long as you are compliant with the schedule of the group.
- Parents should collect contact information from two of the coaches going on the trip. Coaches will have parent contact information as well. If your phone number has recently changed, please update your child's profile at the gym asap so that we have the correct contact information in the case of an emergency.
What To Bring
- A small backpack containing the following items:
- Sunscreen (even in the winter).
- Bug spray (in the summer)
- Two (2) liters of water per person, minimum.
- Pack a bag with PLENTY of snacks for the whole day.
- A lunch that is easy to prepare and eat outside. It will be a long day and everyone will be hungry. Don't skimp on the grub.
- A small bag for trash.
- Chalk/shoes/crashpads/harness/tape/belay device/etc. (climbing gear)
- $20 for incidentals.
- If you need rental gear please let your coaches know before leaving the gym on the day of the trip.
- If you have relevant allergies (stings, foods, plants, etc.) let us know ASAP. If you have allergies that may cause you to need an EpiPen, please plan to have one on your person at all times during the trip.
What To Wear
- Wear comfortable clothing that will work well while hiking in the woods.
- It may be cool in the shade and hot in the sun. Having layers that can be added or removed is recommended. Look at the weather and plan accordingly.
- Wear appropriate shoes for hiking in the woods. No sandals/flip-flops.
- Long sleeves and pants are the best protection against bug bites and poison oak/ivy.
- An extra pair of fresh socks feels really nice at the end of the day!
What Not To Bring
- Any sort of device for playing music at the cliffs.
- Video games, devices for movies, screens, etc.
- Cell phones are allowed for emergency use and/or taking photos (minimally).
This is for our records only. To register for each comp please visit the gym's website corresponding to the the date of the competition you plan on attending and register there.