This clinic addresses the fear of falling and helps you to improve commitment. We’ll practice falling, movement, and resting exercises and apply all learned skills to a challenging route. We’ll do this in small increments creating appropriate progressions for each individual student. You’ll leave with a structured method for taking appropriate risks with diminished fear.
What you will Learn:
- To become more comfortable with falling
- To give a cushioned catch
- To distinguish between no and yes-fall zones
- How to engage no and yes-fall zones
- Better risk assessment
- How to rest on effectively on the wall
- To improve breathing
- To trust the body
- To create flow and momentum
- To commit more deliberately
- To manage fear
- Minimum 6 months climbing experience.
- Climb a minimum of 5.9 in the gym without falling.
- Being able to lead climb is not required, however, if students want to lead during the clinic they must get lead certified at the gym PRIOR to the clinic date.