This clinic addresses the fear of falling and helps you to improve commitment. We’ll practice falling, movement, and resting exercises and apply all learned skills to a challenging route. We’ll do this in small increments creating appropriate progressions for each individual student. You’ll leave with a structured method for taking appropriate risks with diminished fear.
- To fall safely
- To give a cushioned belay
- To distinguish between no- and yes-fall zones
- How to engage no- and yes-fall zones
- To break a climb into smaller risk events
- Better risk assessment
- How to rest effectively
- To improve breathing
- To trust the body
- To create flow and momentum
- To commit more deliberately
- To reduce fear
- Minimum 6 months climbing experience.
- Climb a minimum of 5.9 in the gym without falling.
- Being able to lead climb is not required, however, if students want to lead during the clinic they must get lead certified at the gym PRIOR to the clinic date.
- Read Espresso Lessons with emphasis on Preparation and Action Chapters, and the exercises in the Appendix for these chapters.
- We carry these in our retail shop here at Climb Nashville.
- Bring usual climbing equipment plus rope and draws (if you have these).
- A helmet is also required.
$99 gym members / $119 non-gym members
Space limited to 5.
Refund Policy: With two weeks notice before the clinic we will offer a 50% refund or a 100% refund in the form of a gift card that can only be used towards another trip, clinic or private instruction.