There's a whole world outside of our gym! Learn to lead climb outdoors and take your climbing to the next level. This multi-day clinic will teach you to lead climb and lead belay outside. If you're looking to take the next step in the sport of climbing, this is for you. Spend two days with one of our instructors to add this whole new facet to your climbing repertoire.
Outdoor Lead Clinic
What to Expect
- Two (2) days of intensive Lead Climbing Instruction.
- One on one instruction with an AMGA certified Single Pitch Instructor.
- Real world experience managing actual terrain and natural risks commonly found at the cliffs.
What you will Learn:
- Which kind of gear is right for you and your climbing goals.
- How to use and maintain your climbing gear.
- How to tie into your rope using the figure eight follow through knot.
- How to use friction hitches and other commonly used knots for climbing.
- Multiple methods for clipping quickdraws or placing traditional style protection, aka trad-gear.
- General lead climbing techniques for improved performance and risk management.
- What to expect in general on your outdoor climbing adventures.