Designed for anyone ready to transition from the walls of the gym to climbing at one of Tennessee’s pristine sport climbing crags. Learn the skills necessary to prepare you for the world outside the gym walls. Spend two (2) hours with one of our instructors to add this whole new facet to your climbing repertoire. *Climb lead approval is required before taking the Gym To Crag clinic.
What to Expect
- Two (2) hours of technical rope systems and rappelling Instruction to prepare you for the transition from climbing in the gym to climbing outside.
- One on one instruction with an AMGA certified Single Pitch Instructor.
What you will Learn:
- Which kind of gear is right for you and your climbing goals.
- How to use and maintain your climbing gear.
- How to use friction hitches and other commonly used knots for climbing and rappelling.
- How to build and use multiple types of anchors.
- How to build an anchor for setting up a toprope.
- How to build an anchor for rappelling.
- How to efficiently rappel using tube style and/or assisted braking devices.
- How to properly break down and clean an anchor on a sport route.
- How to clean quickdraws on a sport route.
- Appropriate methods of communication.
- What to expect in general on your outdoor climbing adventures.