Description: This clinic addresses the fear of falling and helps you to improve commitment. We’ll practice falling, movement, and resting exercises and apply all learned skills to a challenging route. We’ll do this in small increments creating appropriate progressions for each individual student. You’ll leave with a structured method for taking appropriate risks with diminished fear.
- To fall safely
- To give a cushioned belay
- To distinguish between no- and yes-fall zones
- How to engage no- and yes-fall zones
- To break a climb into smaller risk events
- Better risk assessment
- How to rest effectively
- To improve breathing
- To trust the body
- To create flow and momentum
- To commit more deliberately
- To reduce fear
- Minimum 6 months climbing experience
- Climb a minimum of 5.9 in the gym without falling
- Being able to lead climb is not required, however, if students want to lead during the clinic they must get lead certified at the gym PRIOR to the clinic date.
Read Espresso Lessons with emphasis on Preparation and Action Chapters, and the exercises in the Appendix for these chapters.
Equipment: Bring usual climbing equipment plus rope and draws. A helmet is also recommended but not required.
Instructor: Arno Ilgner
Cost: $99 gym members; $119 non gym members
Space limited to 6
REGISTER: Contact Seibert@climbnashville.com to get signed up.