It's the final week of The League and routes will be up until Friday, December 1st. Get your teams together and clock in some extra hours on old routes to score points for your team.
Nashville Cup: All Climb Leaguers have free entry into the Nashville Cup on Saturday, December 2nd. Each leaguer can earn an additional 1000 points for participating in the competition. Earn an additional 100 points for wearing your League shirt. Register!
After Party: We're holding an after party at Fat Bottom Brewery down the street from Climb Nashville after the Nashville Cup (8:00PM). We'll announce the winners of the League and hand out prizes during the party. We'll also get every Leaguer a drink on the house.
- Participants must be 18+
- Teams must have four members.
- Team names must be appropriate and original.
- Each league participant will establish a handicap at the beginning of the season. Climb Nashville reserves the right to adjust an individual’s handicap once the season has started.
- At least 10 full teams must register or the league will be cancelled.
- It is recommended that each team has at least 1 lead-approved climber and 1 lead-approved belayer.
- Honor system applies. Any team suspected of cheating will be disqualified.
- Teams may only compete 2 times each week (Monday-Sunday).
- Only newly set routes will count for full point value. Old routes will count for 10% of their associated point value..
- All new routes will receive gradeless “Adult League” tags when set. New routes will be labeled “A” through “Z” and will remain available for full league points for 1 week before becoming “old routes”.
- A team is more successful pending their improvement throughout the league, instead of how hard they climb.
- Each team’s lowest scoring week will be dropped from their score. Lead climbs may be “back-roped” for Top Rope points.
- At least 8 new Top Rope and 4 Lead routes will be set each week.
- Participants will not know the grade of new Adult League Routes.
- At least 3 team members must be present to check out a scorecard at the beginning of their session.
- Scorecards must be returned at the end of the team’s session each day.
- League standings will be updated every Monday and posted on the website.
- Climbers and teams must show excellent etiquette while climbing in the gym allowing for other members, guests, and teams turns on routes.
- New route schedules will be posted on the Climb Nashville Website every Monday.
- The league exists to encourage climbers to push their limits and have fun in a friendly, competitive atmosphere.
- Inappropriate behavior or actions/attitudes not in accordance with these rules will result in the team’s disqualification.
- All league participants will receive a pre-season email with further details.
Upon registration, each climber will respond to questions regarding their climbing abilities. Climbers will submit information regarding their hardest onsight and redpoint. Climbers will also rank each of their team members in climbing ability. This information will be used to determine the climber’s handicap - creating a system for climbers of all abilities to compete against one another. Every team has an equal chance to win because of the handicap system - pitting newer climbers equally against elite climbers. It's all about improvement and commitment over the 6 weeks!
The table below will be used to calculate each climber’s/team’s score.
Climb League members will receive weekly discounts on the following products. Staff will utilize a list of Climb League Members to validate. Discounts do not stack.
- Week 1 – Oct 23rd – Oct 29th: 20% off ropes!
- Week 2 – Oct 30th – Nov 5th: 20% off Hatcher Dairy or Beer (21+)!
- Week 3 – Nov 6th – Nov 12th: 20% off Friction Labs!
- Week 4 – Nov 13th – Nov 17th: 20% off shoes!
- Week 5 – Nov 18th – Nov 19th: 20% off set of quickdraws!
- Week 6 – Nov 20th – Nov 26th: 20% off grigris!
- Each team can compete in the end of the Nashville Cup on December 2.
- Entry for the Nashville Cup is included for all League members.
- Earn bonus points for each team member that attends the Nashville Cup.
All teams will be invited to an after party at Fat Bottom Brewery on December 2nd after the Nashville Cup.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. Prizes are TBD and will be announced to competitors throughout the competition.