As a former athlete and now a trainer and fitness instructor, exercise and fitness have always been a huge part of my life. From playing competitive sports to training for fitness challenges, leading an active physical lifestyle is just part of who I am.
Despite having a well above average activity and fitness level, certain facets of my body failed to achieve the look I was striving for. Additionally, my energy level was low a good portion of the time. Overall, I just didn't really feel my best. With all that exercise and activity, what could possibly have been missing?
The simple answer was; proper nutrition. Changing what I ate, when I ate it, and how much I ate, was the biggest game changer for me. Once I began to study and understand that exercise alone could not help me fully achieve my fitness goals, I learned, and experienced first-hand, that proper nutrition was the missing element.
Knowing how much this changed my life, I dedicated myself to expanding my physical training certifications to also become certified in nutrition. The changes I saw in myself gave me a passion to help other people reach their goals as well! Whether it's losing body fat, increasing muscle mass, improving endurance, general health, or training for a specific sport, I am ready to provide you with a solid nutrition plan to help you reach your goals. As the new year is just beginning, there is no better time then now to start becoming a new healthier you.
Here are a few tips becoming a healthier you in 2018!
- Hydrate: Drink 8 cups or 2L of water per day. Drink 1-2 cups of water before each meal to help promote weight loss.
- Vegetables & Fruit: Have vegetables or fruit at every meal! Vegetables and fruit help preserve bone mass and muscles tissue, they are rich in antioxidants, have a high fibre content, and can help manage body weight.
- Eating out of boredom: It's easy when you're bored to start munching on whatever you can find. Next time this happens, try drinking a glass of water before you munch! Sometimes when you think you might be hungry, your body is really just needing to be hydrated!
As your nutrition coach I will:
- Ask you about your outcome goals and help you create behavior goals to get there
- Figure out your limiting factors (Why you are not reaching those goals now)
- Create a plan to overcome these factors
- Provide an individualized nutrition plan dependent on your needs
- Provide nutrition education
- Conduct complete body measurements
- Be your accountability partner
- Meet with you every 2 weeks to take measurements, adjust your plan if needed, and provide continuing education